Guide to this blog

The Blogroll is now in two parts. The main part is arranged according to the date the blog was last updated, with the most recent first. The second part is a list of interesting Twitter feeds in alphabetical order. The section covering blogs that use the BDSMLR platform has been removed as it is no longer of any functional use.

Sunday, 27 September 2026

I Like A Good Spanking

For anyone outside the UK, or inside the UK but just missed it, the headline for this post is taken from the title of a Channel 5 TV show that recently aired. For such a programme to be shown by a mainstream broadcaster, and for it to include scenes with full and explicit nudity and to show some very significantly marked people is, in itself, quite remarkable. I watched it because, as must be obvious to anyone who reads this blog, the title expresses a sentiment that I identify with. However, what I really took away from the programme is how diverse the "spanking community" is. There were about five different activities featured, and none of them would really fit with what I would get enjoyment from. One did get fairly close (Miss Matthews), but the rest were miles away.

In the UK, the programme is still available on demand, and I believe there are plans to show it in other countries as well. Worth looking out for, simply because it is being put forward in a mainstream environment, but if a vanilla viewer finds themselves watching, I think they'll decide we're a very strange bunch.

No comments: