Guide to this blog

The Blogroll is now in two parts. The main part is arranged according to the date the blog was last updated, with the most recent first. The second part is a list of interesting Twitter feeds in alphabetical order. The section covering blogs that use the BDSMLR platform has been removed as it is no longer of any functional use.

Friday, 22 January 2010

Favourites


I've just decided, for no particular reason; that after more than 30 years of enjoying spanking pictures in magazines and on the web, I should pick out some of my personal favourites and talk about some of the story of why they matter to me. I'm setting the bar high because this picture came from an old issue of Roue magazine which was probably one of the first of these type of magazines I ever bought, and it remains one of my all time favourites.

Sadly I don't still have the intact magazine but have kept this particular image. It was the first picture in a photo sequence that went throughout the whole issue (a sort of photo story but without any accompanying text) and I just loved the moment it captured - the disobedient schoolgirl ordered to report to a room after school and the moment the schoolmistress has just walked in. Up to that moment the girl was hoping against hope she might escape with a stiff telling off but the sight of the tawse in the schoolmistress's hand gives her that awful sinking moment of knowing she won't escape so lightly. She didn't of course - she ended up skirt up and pants down across the stool getting her backside well and truly leathered.

I remember that in one photo later in the sequence you could just make out a street name through the window and the next time I was in London I made a point of using my A-Z to find the street and identify the window behind which this sequence had been photographed. I knew there would be nothing to see really but the photos had such an effect that I just felt a sense of connection from being there. I imagined being the girl's father waiting outside to take her home from school and carry on a longer discussion about the reports I'd been getting about her behaviour problems.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favourites as well, I've never seen this pic duplicated.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic blog. I love your favourites. Thank you. I've started, in the past couple of days, some blogs on the topics that interest me. I think you might like my

http://spankingnaughtybottoms.blogspot.com/

http://caningmiss.blogspot.com/

blogs. Although i've got alot of work to do on them yet. Sally.

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite pic of all time, one of the things which I really like is the age of the 'pupil', she's not a schoolgirl but obviously in her late teens. So she is probably a reformatory 'brat' made to dress like a junior, now she's going to be beaten on her bare bottom by a reformatory mistress not much older than she is. The scene is to me all about humiliation.

Anonymous said...

Love these visceral vintage photos James. Sentence gotten passed. Clothing is radically adjusted. The "breeze on the bottom moment of truth"....and then the terrible cane smacking my poor, bare, botty skin from an angry mother !
Oh my! That was my happy (STRICT !) childhood, tweens n teens in the 60s & 70s

Janus Reader's letters provide the awesome evidence base

1. A strict loving mother writes rather cutely:

"we do punish our girls on the bottom and with a cane we got it from an Indian shop near Drury Lane and it is used to punish - they seem to go for ages without needing punishment then all of a sudden as if for nothing they all get it - well we do it properly - knickers off and over the bed for six of the best"

She continues delightfully ...."I have no intention of whacking knickers - I whack bare bottoms. Just like I always got the cane, knickers down, from a Nanny and from my parents, so why on earth shouldn't they get it bare when it's deserved. "

2. A Dutch mother writes ,1970s

"When I was a child I received a spanking when I did
wrong, my parents didn't want to have spoiled daughters.
Dad said bottom bare! And simple : shoes and skirt off, knickers low. Across the lap and we got smacks until both buttock cheeks were completely red. A few days after my 10th birthday they told me I was too old for hand spankings now. Dad showed me a rattan flexible cane. I was afraid and said

"'also on the bare bottom?' "Of course !"

"I am married and we have two daughters. If they are naughty, bare bottom, hand spanking, and red buttocks. When they are
10 years I tell you we shall see the rattan cane on bare buttocks..
I am a firm believer in strict discipline."

3. A lady remembers the cane from her father growing up:

"I don't think dad intended taking down my knickers
but Aunty said : 'Come on Burt, do the job properly,' so my frock came off; then she said : 'And her drawers too,' so down they came as well...this more or less set the scene then for his punishments for his teenage daughter to be on the
bare bottom and as mum didn't stop him so on he went.

"Mum told all their friends and my teachers that they doled out bare botton1 tannings with a cane"

"it was vest and pants and report and wait outside the study for
dad, but we had such a good and happy home and did such silly things, we really deserved it...
When dad said : 'take your knickers down' I used to hang on to them for grim death and argue until they got cross, then down they came for usually six of the very best laid on hard and well spaced out"

"I well knew that big as I was and still in grey school cotton knickers that they could and jolly well would come down for a tanning. "

Oh my! Lovely ! Pray why on earth did they invent the naughty step, James ? !


4. A father discusses the cane for his daughters

"They go to their rooms. reappear in vest and knickers,
pick up the cane and we go into the dining room.
There is no point in beating layers of clothes - I am afraid it is skirts off and pants down for our girls - bare bottoms sting a lot more with my cane obviously, to settle their debts
We are firm but kind and loving parents.
.....so they are tearful young reprobates in old-fashioned families like mine ....our girls downstairs for a weep and then to dress, knickers pulled back up, all forgiven and forgotten"

"And next door - well like good Catholics they are now 'converted'
Three lovely girls -. Sally, Susan and Sarah. They found our canings amusing until their strict parents adopted it for them.
Their knickers come down too and sparks fly and they use a bamboo cane which my girls tell me leaves thick marks on their bare teenage bottoms.. "
...."from the far west a loving but firm parent continues to uphold the high standards of behaviour that made this country what it is today. "

Quite right, James !

Thank you kindly and regards
Brenda xx